June 3, 2012

A Huge Sigh of Relief...

Thank you to everyone who came out yesterday and supported our Silent Auction/Bake Sale - we exceeded my expectations and came just $500 shy of our overall goal for travel expenses!






A BIG thank you to Gary Young Agencies (Esso!) for lending us this awesome popcorn machine for our event - everyone loved the movie theatre style popcorn.

I also couldn't have done this without my friends Jamie & Julia who were instrumental in helping me put this together, and run the entire event. Not to mention the many businesses who donated to the auction, those who donated baked goods, and to everyone who came out and supported the event.

Without all of you, I would still be wondering how I was going to get us to Ohio and bring home Thor's miracle. I am eternally grateful to each and every person who has helped us along our journey.


I feel a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders...as many of you know, I've been fundraising for the last 15 months (first for the dog, then for travel). It feels amazing to be just $500 away from my goal. I almost don't know what to do with myself...no more sleepless nights wondering if we're going to be able to afford the trip, no more worry or stress over organizing another event. Amazing!!

I'm looking forward to August - just 10 more weeks until Thor is united with his pawtner!

I can't wait until the day we get our email from Thor's service dog introducing him/herself to him, and of course the photo! Typically it's about a week before training so I'm hoping 9 weeks from now I'll be introducing you all to our newest family member.

Thank you again everyone!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Minx Design
All Content © 2011 Erin Blocksidge
all rights reserved.