July 21, 2011

GiveBack Contest & Our Continued Fundraising

I'm sad to say that I didn't win the GiveBack 100 Days of Giving Contest...I'm not as sad for me as I am for the families I wanted to help (in addition to Thor) to get their service dogs. I hope to be announcing a new project in the future months that will help continue my dream to help those other families.

For the moment, I must continue to focus on Thor's fundraising goals. This Saturday I am having a Bake Sale/Garage Sale and if you're in the Quesnel area, please stop by and check it out. Of course, baked goods and items for the sale are more than welcome!

You can find the link to the Facebook "event" here - please feel free to pass it on to your friends...I'm hoping for a great turn out. This is happening rain or shine as I'll have tents covering us from our crazy summer weather!

edited to add: GiveBack has yet to announce the official winner of the contest, and even if the r/atheism group wins the contest and donates on behalf of Thor as was announced here, I still then have to raise the money for our 2 weeks of travel, hotels, car, etc to Ohio for training once Thor's dog is ready for him (it takes 9 months to train a dog specifically for his needs, and then we go to Ohio to learn to become a service dog team). We have a long way to go and I am grateful for every person who has helped us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Minx Design
All Content © 2011 Erin Blocksidge
all rights reserved.