August 14, 2012

4 Paws Training: Day One

We had a very long trip from Quesnel to Xenia this weekend but I'm happy to say we all made it here safe and happy. Okay, more like tired and grouchy...but by Monday we had gotten some rest and real food and were happy to play the tourist role for the day.

Today I woke up even before my alarm at 6:15...back home that is 3:15am. Yes, I was excited. First day of training and finally the day we meet Detour. It's like meeting your baby for the first time...you wait and wait and finally the comes and you're bursting with excitement. That was me today.

Thor, however, slept in. We had to wake him up and tell him it was THE DAY...

We arrived at 4 Paws a bit early to grab a seat and mingle with the group. Thor found Detour in his kennel right away without anyone telling him. "That's my dog!" he exclaimed.

I think we were the 3rd family to meet their dog (they are brought out one by one on the first morning) and Thor was given the task of feeding him breakfast. He happily fed him but stayed back a distance because he isn't a fan of dog licks...yet.


Later Thor went to the play area and found some toys while I worked on some basic obedience skills with Detour. I'll admit, I was nervous coming into this and thought I may struggle as some have in the past. I'm happy to report that day one has been a success! Detour listened to me and was a total champ.

Here's hoping this continues tomorrow...



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Minx Design
All Content © 2011 Erin Blocksidge
all rights reserved.