April 23, 2012

Fundraising Update: 550 donations...

This past weekend we had a large Garage/Bake Sale to raise money for Thor's trip to get his Service Dog in August. We raised about $2000 over the whole weekend, bringing us nearly half-way to our goal!

I'd like to thank the people that helped make our fundraiser this weekend happen - each and every person that donated items for the sale, baked goods, and every penny donated to Thor's cause. You've all made such a big difference in his life and I can't tell you how much it means to me. ♥

We have just $5500 left to raise for the 2 weeks of training it requires for Thor and his pawtner to become a certified service dog team. We managed to raise the amount needed for our airfare and have the tickets booked now - this is real! Now we need to cover costs for hotel, car rental, gas, and everything else that goes along with living out of the country for 2 weeks.

Thor helped me set up for the fundraiser Friday night,
it was hard work taking care of Mom... 
We have just 110 days until we leave for Ohio to meet Thor's service dog and go through 2 weeks of training. As I mentioned before, I would ideally like to have the funds raised by the beginning of June so there is ample time to book everything.

$5500 breaks down to just...
  • 550 donations of only $10; or
  • 220 donations of only $25; or
  • 110 donations of $50; or
  • 55 donations of $100
...when I look at it like that, it seems very doable! 


Thank you to everyone who has been supporting us through our journey - I can't wait until the day I can post photos of Thor and his Service Dog working together!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Minx Design
All Content © 2011 Erin Blocksidge
all rights reserved.