September 7, 2012

Happily Ever After

We've been home for 12 days now and everything is going great...Detour & Thor are continuing to strengthen their bond. Detour is alert and ready to track any time his boy gets up to go anywhere...especially if we are out in the yard and Thor is pretending near the gate.

The three of us go on daily walks, which both of the boys really love.


We play in the yard whenever we can...


And of course, Detour gives Thor comfort after a hard day (or in the middle of one)...never one to judge, Detour is there to give his boy unconditional love. Thor has truly found his best friend and guardian angel.






Detour in full "work" gear.

I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am to everyone who supported us through the last 1 1/2 years while we worked towards getting Thor's service dog. It has been even more amazing than I could have ever imagined.

He is happier, calmer, and more playful when his dog is around. Detour also brings a sense of calm to me because when we go out I know Thor won't be disappearing anymore.

Thank you all so very much.

A Small Note: You might see us walking downtown or in the local shops...Detour is friendly and loves to be loved. But when we're in public it's very important I have his focus on his work. For this reason, please do not stop to pet him. Yes, there will be times I am in no rush and can stop to chat and at that point (if you ask first) I don't mind you giving him a little bit of love. But like anyone else, I too have to get in and out of the store in a hurry sometimes and just can't stop to chat. Thank you so much for your understanding.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Minx Design
All Content © 2011 Erin Blocksidge
all rights reserved.