May 23, 2011

Wishing...and hoping...

After staying up well past midnight last night, I now have a stack of letters to send out to local businesses...praying it yields positive results. It's difficult to swallow my pride and ask everyone for money...not that it's going to me personally (all donations go
to 4 Paws for Ability, in honor of Thor). It's extremely humbling, and every time a donation is made in Thor's name I am overwhelmed with emotion.

If you follow me on Facebook, you'll know I've cried with every donation received.

...I have a feeling that it's going to be a tearful $13,000 - the support from friends, family, and even complete strangers is amazing to see and I truly feel that each of the people donating in Thor's name is an angel...at least for our family.

Now that the nice weather is here Thor has developed a new fear....things that fly. Birds, Mosquitoes, Bees...he sees one and a meltdown ensues. He clings to the nearest warm body and cries. It's so heart breaking because he completely shuts down (screaming, crying, clinging, and hitting his own face) until I take him indoors.

There are days I forget that his anxiety is so severe and then something like this crops up and I am reminded of his daily struggle...one I will never fully understand but will do everything I can to help him cope. I can only imagine how different his life will be when his Service Dog - his best friend - will be by his side to comfort and calm him through these (to him) terrifying events...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Minx Design
All Content © 2011 Erin Blocksidge
all rights reserved.