May 26, 2011

*IMPORTANT: For Canadian Donors*

I know I've sent out a lot of letters over the last week, including the local paper, and in those it states that donations are tax deductible...this is not the case.

It's been brought to my attention that Canadian Donors are not able to claim their donations to 4 Paws for Ability on their income taxes. If you are Canadian and do not have US-source income, your donation is not tax-deductible. If, however, you also have US-source income and file an international tax return, your donation is tax-deductible.

It was never my intention to mis-lead any potential donors and I apologize for the confusion.


*US donors are still able to claim the donations on their taxes.

Thank you for your support!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Minx Design
All Content © 2011 Erin Blocksidge
all rights reserved.