May 10, 2011

APPROVED!


I just got off the phone with 4 Paws for Ability - Thor's been approved to get an Autism Service Dog! (not that I ever had any doubts) 

In a couple weeks I will get my fundraising contract and information package - once I get that I'll be able to start fundraising full-force.

After the fundraising goal ($13,000 USD) is met we will be assigned to a training class which is typically 9 months from the time of completing the fundraising...the time the dogs are in advanced training. We then travel to Xenia, Ohio for an 11 day training class so that I can learn how to handle the dog and so that Thor and his new pal will be able to practice tracking, tethering, and just bond with each other.

I'm so excited that I made the decision to do this - next summer we could very well have a new (furry) addition to our little family!!

Thank you all for your continued support and please keep watching here (or sign up for email updates) for fundraising details.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Minx Design
All Content © 2011 Erin Blocksidge
all rights reserved.