April 14, 2011

Finally Official!

When I first began this blog, Thor did not have an official diagnosis of Autism...but it was suspected. This past week, we went out of town to have his evaluations completed.

The diagnosis was made by combining reports from several professionals, including:
  • Developmental Paediatrician
  • Child Psychologist
  • Occupational Therapist
  • Speech & Language Pathologist
  • Infant Development Program
The results were not at all shocking to me. Thor has three different diagnosis' which will all benefit from a service dog. The three diagnosis' are:


This doesn't change who Thor is, but it does allow him more services in regards to therapy and special equipment.

I'll be sending out his 4 Paws 4 Ability application next week once I have his referral letters from his therapy team (I already have the one from his doctor). Once he is officially accepted into their program, I will begin the fundraising process!

Thanks for your continued support!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Minx Design
All Content © 2011 Erin Blocksidge
all rights reserved.