April 25, 2011

Application Sent - Finally!

I am so very happy to say that this morning I sent off Thor's application for 4 Paws for Ability! We did hit some bumps along the way in regards to reference letters*, but ultimately there were two wonderful people (in addition to his doctor) who believe that this is the right thing for Thor and signed off on the referrals.

So today the sitter came over to watch Thor (sick in bed...poor guy) while I zipped down to the post office. $42 later ($20 application fee + postage) it was officially sent. Huge sigh of relief! Now to sit back and wait as patiently as I can manage for 4 Paws to contact me so we can begin the fundraising portion of this journey!


*the two people who originally said they would do referrals, ultimately ended up stalling too much and/or changing their minds. I think this has a lot to do with the lack of knowledge surrounding Autism Service Dogs in general...heck, I didn't know about them until a few months ago!  I know that I am bringing something "new" to my community and a lot of people think it's bogus that a dog could possibly be so good for an Autistic child....I challenge those people to read about it. Read the FAQ's here and also do your own online searches. I whole heartedly believe that Thor will pioneer the way for other's in our area who could benefit from an Autism Service Dog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Minx Design
All Content © 2011 Erin Blocksidge
all rights reserved.